On completion of this unit the student should be able to examine the practice of at least two artists, with reference to two artworks by each artist, referencing the different historical and cultural context of each artwork. To achieve this outcome the student will draw on key knowledge and key skills outlined in
Area of Study 3.
- art practices related to artworks in more than one historical and/or cultural context
- artworks from different historical and/or cultural contexts that reflect the artists’ interpretations of subject matter and influences
- the use of art elements and art principles to demonstrate aesthetic qualities and communicate ideas and meaning
- the materials, techniques and processes used in the production of the artworks
- a range of recognised historical and contemporary artworks.
- analyse ways in which artworks reflect artists’ interpretations of subject matter, influences, cultural and historical contexts and the communication of ideas and meanings
- analyse and discuss ways in which artists use materials, techniques and processes
- analyse the ways in which artists use art elements and art principles to demonstrate aesthetic qualities
- research and discuss art practices in relation to particular recognised historical and contemporary artworks.